Thursday, January 22, 2009

Reflection No.7

Hmmm, back to blog reflection again. Well, I'm been questioning myself where would be my dream places for my perfect holiday. Since young, I've been travelling around with my parents for leisure, for relaxation. However, as i ages, this mindset of mine started to change. I really regreted not taking more pictures of the historical architecture of the majestic Bejing palace and the beautifully coloured Gold Coast and many other important and worth mentioning places. Recently, I've been to Vietnam with my family. The foods and shopping failed to excite me. The warfare tunnel and the street life of the vietnamese amazed me. Then i realise, I love to travel around for the architectures, for the life of the people and for the history of the places. It so wonderful to be there to see for myself the magnificient contents the places can offered me. I feel so awake and refresh when i get in touch with this. To me, those who just go overseas mainly for shopping is WASTING their $$. No offence but, the money spent could be more well-spent.

So, where wouldmy "Dream Holiday' be? I would choose ANTARTICA and CAMBODIA. Why this two places? Well, one is full of mysteries while the other is rich in history. Two places, two partcular stuff to look out for; the Aurora Borealis and Angkor Wat respectively.


This two images above are the Aurora Borealis from the antartica.
How this natural light formed? Seriously, i have no idea but more information can be found from WIKIPEDIA. I've read it actually but it's more interesting if you read it personally, you will be lik WOW and continue to find out more. =)
Don't you find this natural lights, the 'Northen Light' amazing and inspiring? I certainly do.







The above pictures with the dull old looking temple is the Angkor Wat in Cambodia. This thousand years old temple is as magnificient as a palace. Sometimes, it just puzzle me how on earth those ancient peoples with limited technology, or none at all, able to build something beyond their capabilites of that time. Well, the architecture of this temple proves to us that they could do it with no help from the technology. One fine day if i ever visit this temple, i'm sure i will, i will definitely take hundreds of pictures of this temple. What a fine architecture. =)

So, this two places would be my 'Dream Holiday'. How do know so much of these places?
Well, i search Google and settle for Wikipedia. Wikipedia has provided me with much information of the places from history to current and the past events. The more i read in depth, the curiosity increased, so do my excitement.

What criteria did i use for evaluate this website? I use the coverage and the currency. Coverage, i would give 8/10. It really provides you with all you need to know in brief texts, just the gist of it. To more in detail, you will have to search other websites and cross-references. It's definitely up-to-date. The information on the Antartica and the Aurora Borealus was updated on 21 jan 2009 and 22 jan 2009 respectively. Angkor Wat was updated on the 18 jan 2009. All were as recent as possible to provide readers with the best of knowledge they can provide. Furthermore, i also used the National Geographic for further information. This reputable website with shows that's so popular give me assurance of the accurate information.

Okay, that' my reflection for today. Have to rush off for classes. Loads of work to do..........EIR......Portfolio PArt 2.......Class Test 2 tomorrow...... slept only for 3 hours yesterday....cont'

haha
that's all folks'
Bye bye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home